HOW TO BECOME A SUCCESSFUL MODEL
- Fashion: 5’8”-Up (Example: Tyra Banks, Kate Moss, Twiggy, Chanel Iman, Alex Wek, etc…)
- Commercial Print 5’6-Up (TV, Soft Drink, clothing, smartphones, etc…)
- General Commercial: Any height or age (TV, soft drink, smartphones, clothing, etc…)
- Glamour: Any height: (Dream Angel Magazine, Playboy, Maxim, FHM, etc…)
- Urban Glamour: Any height (Dyme Lyfe, Black Men, etc..)
- Runway (Depend on the fashion designer)
- Hair & Beauty Any height (Hype Hair, Ebony, etc…)
- Body Art Any Height (Human Canvas, Urban Ink, etc)
BUILD YOUR BRAND
- Build your brand and choose a name people can remember. Example our brand is Dream Angel Magazine or Dream Angel Mag.
- Sign Up for niche models site, niche site features like-minded people. social.dreamangelmag.com, www.duskspot.com, and www.modelmayhem.com.
- Choose something like https://social.dreamangelmag.com/yourbrand and not @cuteandprettync291.
Don’t sign up for Modeling Schools/Agencies like Barbizon Modeling and John Casablanca Modeling, because John Casablanca and Barbizon is both a legit scam. John Casablanca did create a legit model agency called Elite Models http://www.elitemodel.com. Most legit Modeling agency like Elite finds you work and take a percent from what you make.Normally from 10% to 15% per job.
Find verified model agencies on Fashion Model Directory http://www.fashionmodeldirectory.com/agencies/search/verified_agencies/.
STEPS TO BECOMING A BETTER MODEL
If you want to become a great model. Practice posing in the mirror, book photo shoots, and look at magazines and Model online portfolios. Study models work that you admire. Visit their site, blogs and study how they pose.
- Post weekly vlogs on Youtube, Vimeo, Daily Motion and Twitch to promote yourself. Answer fans questions, give beauty tips or show behind the scene videos.
- Respect independent fashion, glamour and Lifestyle Magazine. These Magazines can boost your career, and help you get more work. Use these Magazines to expand your brand awareness and career.
- Build your personal website; don’t just use popular social media site. Invest in a Professional Web Designer or use services like Squarespace, Behance Portfolio, etc…
- Join art communities like Deviant Art, Dream Angel Social, and Behance, because modeling is still a form of art.
- Do promotional work like Fashion Shows, Trade Shows, Car Show, etc.
- Create and weekly podcast and talk about modeling, entertainment or life. You can start your podcast at Blog Talk (Free-Up) or Spreaker (Free-up)
BUILD YOUR PORTFOLIO
Book a shoot with a professional photographer. to get the high-quality image. Your photos from your local Mall, Senior School Pictures, Cell Phone will not work. Buy a 11×14 portfolio book to store your photos from your shoot. Yes, you still need a portfolio book to stand out from the other models. I recommend the Itoya Portfolio Series 11 X 14 Inch Art Presentation Portfolio $15.99 USD Buy from Amazon. I like this book because you can remove and change your photos.
Discuss bringing an Escort to the photo shoot with your photographer or avoid bringing an escort to your photo shoot. Only work with the photographer you trust and ask for models references and testimonies. The main problem with escorts is they get in the way and destroy your photo shoot. Also, don’t assume that a female Photographer is safer to work with than a male Photographer. Male photographers get a bad rep from GWC Guy with Cameras, a fake photographer that only take photos to get with women. Call the photographer before the shoot or meet in person. Keep in touch with the photographer and a family member until you get home safe.